Crazy for Condiments
We have loved cranberry ketchup from the very first days of Devour. It is delicious with turkey (of course!) but also on burgers or meats of all kinds. The gorgeous red along with its tangy, spicy pop will long be remembered. This recipe was inspired by Martha Stewart and adapted lovingly over the years.
- Combine cranberries, brown sugar, chopped shallots, cider vinegar, water, salt, and remaining spices in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil.
- Cook 10 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour into a blender; process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; cover and chill.
1 2/3 cups fresh cranberries
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon cloves